Friday, February 25, 2011

Bingo!

Although Valentine's Day was a complete bust, and I've actually not spoken to Rhoda since that wonderful holiday, I have since moved onto bigger and better things.  The past week and a half have actually been quite exciting.

Let me rewind just a bit...

After VDay I was geared up and ready for my regular Tuesday night activity....Drag Bingo/Taco Tuesday at Mad Donna's.  ALo, JHett, and TriSarahTops were all unavailable to attend with me, and my evening fun was beginning to look a bit weak.  I needed to take matters into my own hands, I couldn't miss cheap tacos, and I had an incredibly crummy date to make up for.  I texted a guy that I had been chatting with for a bit, though we never could arrange a time to hang out.  I figured I was going out on a limb, not everyone enjoys drag queen bingo...especially on a first day.  Surprisingly he said he'd like to go.  I'm not one for conventional first dates to places like The Olive Garden Italian Restaurant, so drag queen bingo with $2 tacos was in store for the evening.  If I could find someone who wouldn't mind such an off the wall event for a first date, or really any date for that matter, things would surely go half-way decently.

We met up to partake in an evening of bingo, and I even won an incredibly eclectic mixed C.D., which I am convinced you need to be on acid to actually enjoy.  I get a bit competitive during bingo, I even come equipped with my very own lucky Treasure Troll, and as I've said before, Jesus loves a winner.   Long story short, we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves and our cheap eats, even though the drag queen was not any sort of queen at all, but rather a boy in a cheap dress from Deb.  Oddly enough I ran into Rhoda from the evening before, and we did not have much to say to each other, other than an awkward hello.  As we were leaving bingo we ran into Vacation Jake on the street corner, outside of Lipstick Lounge.  Any first date that was centered around Drag Queen Bingo could not possibly be complete without a trip to the local lesbian bar.  The night was still fairly young, so we joined Vacation Jake for a bit of karaoke.

Obviously, I know how to plan a stellar date.  How could anyone say no to these exciting festivities?!

At one point at Lipstick, my date was accosted by an extremely older, and much drunker, gentleman who claimed the two of us looked like brothers...and Leslie Neilsen.  I sure hope he was speaking of a much much younger Leslie Neilsen, rest his soul.

Our evening came to an end and we said our goodbyes.

Flash forward to present day and in the time since our first date we have met up to eat Mexican food and watch Jersey Shore, another trip to Drag Queen Bingo, and a sushi date with a Jack and Coke nightcap.  So far I'd say things are going pretty swell, and what isn't romantic about drag queens, guidos, and whiskey...I'm sure Ke$ha would kill for a date like that.

Tomorrow's date will take place at the Brad Paisley concert which I won tickets for from my sweet new job that I started on Monday.  It's been a pretty decent week and a half since Valentine's Day.  Perhaps my luck is starting to turn around; I've started a new job, been on a series of great dates, and won concert tickets, and frankly, I can do anything good.

1 comment:

  1. Forget Ke$ha! I would kill for a series of dates like that!

    ReplyDelete