Saturday, November 6, 2010

Starbucks - Carothers/Cool Springs Sat AM

After Halloween, this week got kind of crazy with work and finalizing birthday plans for my Nashville party and my Football Tailgate Roadtrip Extravaganza.  I was originally working on a post to pick up where I left off from Saturday night but as I was typing it up, I began to realize it just was not as funny as I thought it was in the moment.  It started to become one of those stories that you had to be there for, or would be a bit more humorous if I were to just tell you in person as opposed to typing it all out.


I was thinking that I was hurting for some interesting material, as I have hit another lull in the online dating world.  Nothing too thrilling or off the wall to write about.  Things with Silverado are kind of at a plateau at the moment, so there is not much to report on that front.  So when I have nothing else going on, one of my favorite past times is to read through the Missed Connections on Craigslist.  Whenever I am a bit bored with the events of my life, I know that I can find something interesting on Craigslist to lift my spirits because there sure are some crazy ass people out there.


With a coffee in my hand, I was just lightly skimming through the Missed Connections, and it actually has been a secret wish of mine to have one written about me.  So there I was, toggling between Farmville and Missed Connections while enjoying my morning coffee, and a post caught my eye.


It was titled:  "Starbucks - Carothers/Cool Springs Sat AM"


As I read the title I thought to myself...Hmmm, well I was at Starbucks on Saturday morning, and the more I thought about it, I did notice the guy behind me in line at the drive-thru.  But what were the chances that he would run home to post a Missed Connection, and what would be the chances of me reading the Missed Connections and stumbling across it, and on top of that, we did not have any actual interaction whatsoever.  I was in my car and he was in his car.


I clicked on the title to read the post:


"I was behind you in line at Starbucks. Seemed like we kept catching each other's eyes in the mirrors. You had some nice sunglasses.  This is probably a long shot, but if you see this let me know what college lettering is on the back of your car and if you remember.. what was I driving."


Hmm.  Odd.  I thought about the events of Saturday morning, and then checked my bank account to see if I actually had been at Starbucks that day.  Sure enough I had, and the more I thought about, there was a gentleman in a Jeep behind me.  I initially noticed his car first because the side view mirrors were tricked out with chrome trim, and actually the glare of the sunlight off of the chrome was a bit blinding.


Well I was at Starbucks, rocking a pretty sweet pair of shades, in the drive-thru, with my alma mater's logo across the back window of my car.  Obvi this post was about me, and I could not be more thrilled.  This was like an early birthday gift!  Even if they guy turned out to be a totally jack-wad, at least I have my very own, legit, Missed Connection written about me!


Not expecting a whole lot, because there was a chance that it actually was not about me, I went out on a limb and replied to the post.  I simply said that I thought it was me he was writing about and I was in a sliver car with awesome sunglasses.  


Shortly after I sent the message, I got a reply:



"Hey guy.. I never thought that I would get a solid reply on the post. It was actually the first time that I ever posted a missed connections. I have read them before, but mostly for the comedy factor. 

You got it right, so either your that dude or someone that should play the lottery because your a good guess. 

I am not even sure why I posted to be honest. Guess that I was just curious. I did find myself staring at you for some reason and i think it was more than the fact you were the car in front of me. LOL. I am not a gay dude, maybe curious or feeling a little Bi-curious. Consider myself straight but I do have thoughts. 

What's your thoughts about this?

Tomorrow is TGIF and I am ready for the work week to be over."

Well my thoughts are there are a few grammar and spelling errors that stick out like a sore thumb.  My secondary thoughts are that that was a lot of work to go through for someone who was just curious and considers himself to be straight.  I can't help but think that he's not as straight as he is claiming to be, but I don't think I am in the mood to deal with a flake.  A message like this really confirms that people on Craigslist are a bit crazy.

But of course I replied to this email as well, so we shall see how this little adventure plays out.  If nothing else it will provide for some good material!  

I will try to keep this story as up to date as possible, but it's my birthday weekend, and frankly, I've already started to celebrate.


No comments:

Post a Comment