Wednesday, September 8, 2010

How To Keep A Guy Until November 20.

My 26th birthday is right around the corner...less than 60 days away.  To some people this may seem like plenty of time to plan a birthday bash, but an international super celebrity blogger like myself needs all the planning time possible to throw the most amazing soiree ever.  This year is no exception.  For the first time ever, my birthday celebration will span over multiple weekends as well as multiple states.  This year I will be celebrating in my two favorite cities; Nashville AND East Lansing!

The East Lansing celebration includes attending my favorite sporting event in the world...Spartan Football! The Bffl and I have 8 tickets to the Michigan State vs. Purdue matchup, and the true test of any dating match of mine would be to accompany me to a Michigan State game.  Anyone who can handle me, drinking, in East Lansing, with the Bffl, at a Michigan State game is surely a keeper.  With this in mind, The Bffl and I channeled all of our pop culture references and following Kate Hudson's lead a la 'How To Lose a Guy in 10 Days' we decided that my newest challenge would be to find and keep a date until November 20th.

This will be a tall order to fill.  I will be driving up to Michigan, which is a nine hour road trip...I need to make sure my copilot is someone I can stand to be trapped in a moving vehicle with for an extended period of time.  Add this to my already long list of requirements, and I am bound to be single forever.  Unlike Kate Hudson's character, I don't have to go out of my way to make the typical dating mistakes as she does in the movie, I apparently have no problem doing that all on my own!

Until then, I will be eagerly counting down the days until my birthday extravaganza, and frankly, I could not be more excited...especially if I am able to turn a dating match into a die hard Spartan like myself!

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see you and the guy on Nov 20th! I hope he likes karaoke, beer from a bucket, cider with captains, waking up at 5am to drink, and Spartan Football!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most importantly...likes Spartan football!

    ReplyDelete